Superstitchious

For handmade items of fantastic, check out The Superstitchious Store!

Monday, October 02, 2006

My first quilt show!


I went to the Austin Area Quilt Guild's show today and it was great! I was really amazed at all the quilts, its very inspiring and i can feel ideas for art quilts brewing in my mind. I have a thing for flamingos, i'm not sure why, but this one on the left is gorgeous, so much cooler in person. I need to apologize for my photos, i'm a horrible photographer to begin with but this place had bad lighting too, so sorry guys!







This fish was my favorite quilt at the show, it looked like the head was pieced and all of the scales were small circles of fabrics sewn on. I have a detail shot in my flickr, as well as many more of the quilts i saw at the show.







I love the big crazy dragon guarding the castle, and the jagged edges, just amazing!


This quilt show was just a warmup for november, i'm going to the Houston quilt show with my sister, and I think its one of the biggest shows in the country. I'm very excited to see Heather Bailey's new line of fabric up close and in person, and of course all of the gorgeous quilts!











Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger s65 said...

Houston better watch out!

1:50 AM  
Blogger Hedgehog said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures!

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home