Superstitchious

For handmade items of fantastic, check out The Superstitchious Store!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

I need help!!

Calling all quilters, i need help. I have a really bad problem with buying fabrics that i love but the dont want to cut up. I'm always afraid that i'm going to ruin the fabric with bad ideas. But i dont like it when my pretty new fabric just sits there staring at me. So now i really need help, i bought these 5 amazing Heather Ross fatquarters from Emerald City Fabric and Craft and i would really like to use them in a quilt.

These fabrics called my name because they represent my favorite color combos, pink and orange and a little bit of brown. The tricycles, which i love, could probably be left out of the quilt design just because they're slightly more childish than the other prints. I really need help findinng a quilt pattern that would show off these wonderful prints but that would make a fairly large quilt, I dont like to make lap quilts. I want something that covers my feet. More yardage of these fabrics can be obtained if the pattern calls for it. I do have a large stash of pinks reds, a few oranges that i could throw into the mix, but since i'm such a huge fan of these prints i dont want to do too much to take away from them.
If anyone has any ideas at all please, please help me out. I really want to use these fabrics!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger AmysBabies said...

Have you been to Quilt Blocks Galore?

http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html

They have just about every traditional quilt block. Give them a peruze and I am sure you will find something you like

3:34 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

I have been seeing a lot of quilts lately that consist of only 5 or 6 different fabrics in a geometric pattern. So you could have bigger rectangles of the prints and use you plain colors as border pieces. Take a look at Denyse Schmidt's quilts. I usually don't have your problem because I use the scrap pieces from a local upholstry store to make my quilts.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

I'm with Abby. I'd go for bigger rectangles so that the prints stand out a little more. Here's one I made a while back:

http://stardustshoes.blogspot.com/2006/05/fishy-quilt.html

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home