Superstitchious

For handmade items of fantastic, check out The Superstitchious Store!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

On the needles


And i'm back! School has started and I'm struggling to keep up and on top of things to make sure i graduate in December. I haven't been doing a lot of sewing lately. I've moved more to small, quick to finish and portable projects. I've been working on some christmas ornaments, small paper collages and my first ever knitted garment. I'm working on eunny jang's argyle sweater vest. Here is my vest so far, the pattern is fun to knit and interesting enough to keep me going which is key. This is my first time doing fair isle and its not really hard although the back of my knitting is not looking very good, alot of my strands are either pulled too tight or are too loose. I'm sure i'll figure it out right as i'm finishing the vest, thats how it always happens. The colors are charcoal and a pale pale purpley pink. The brand is baby bee, sweet delight baby yarn. It is 100% acrylic which i know makes all of the knitters of the world gasp at the blashpemy of it all, but i didn't want to spend a ton of money on nice yarn on my first big knit project. Its knitting up alot quicker than i thought it would, although i'm a little afraid of the finishing. There are things like steeks and adding a neckline and arm holes to do once the vest is knitted. Since this is the first non scarf/dishcloth that i've done it will be a big learning experience. I'll keep ya'll posted!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauri said...

Hi! My name is Lauri and I live in San Antonio! I also went to Texas State...which was SWTSU, back in the old days!

I also just figured out that Sarafina is your sister...cool!

Anyway, I really enjoy your blog...just found it today (Friday) and left a few comments.

Got together with some other Craftsters on Wednesday night--fun! We were trying to meet in New Braunfels, but they couldn't come up with a place in NB, so we ended up in SA, but...I'll go to Austin anyday, or anywhere in between...especially San Marcos, because I LOVE 'The Paper Bear' store!!! I'm friends with teapotdnky on Craftster, if you know who she is (I'm SanAntonioLauri) and I know I could get her to come with me...maybe we can try to meet up one day,along with everyone in between-which we've been trying to do, but 8:10 was the only one who's ever actually showed up. :(

Anyway...love your blog!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just popped by to see what you've been up to and found that you're knitting Eunny Jang's argyle sweater/vest. Great choice! Eunny's work is so amazing and beautiful. And good for you in choosing something with a bit of challenge for your first "garment" piece. You'll be so glad you did when you have something really wonderful when it's finished. Looks great so far. GO GIRL! KNIT! KNIT! :)

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home