Superstitchious

For handmade items of fantastic, check out The Superstitchious Store!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Back to School

Today was the first day of the fall semester, it also happens to be my last semester as i graduate in december. I was fidgety and bored last night so of course i sat down at my desk and made something! Usually my spur of the moment craft projects dont turn into anything useful or cute, but i was pretty excited with what i did last night!
I've made journals before, but I made them with fabric covers, this time i wanted to try a traditional hard cover. The newspaper journal was the first i made, and i think it came out really nice. The second one I made to celebrate going back to school. I dont know if you can tell from the picture but there is a quarter button on the lower right of the journal.


I made the apple journal a little different, I laid down a layer of thin batting before i wrapped it in fabric. I like the way it is slightly puffy on the front, but i dont know if i like how it looks on the inside. The first decorative page doesn't lay as flat as it does on the newspaper journal. I'm thinking about making some of these to list in my etsy store, but i haven't made up my mind. I dont know if my book binding and book making skills are as advanced as other sellers on etsy. I love making these little books though, so i may just keep practicing until i'm comfortable enough to list them.


As for the sock in my previous post, I did finish them that day, but i had an airhead moment and i gave them away before i could take a picture of the finished project. Oops! I'm working on a pair of socks for me, so hopefully i'll manage to get a picture of those!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger s65 said...

These look even better in person. Totally adorable!

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home