Superstitchious

For handmade items of fantastic, check out The Superstitchious Store!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My messy world

I get very jealous when i read my favorite crafty blogs everyday. Everyone seems to have things so together, with great photos of great project, photographed in their clean, well decorated houses. I wish i led the same life, but mine is messy. I attempted to decorate and gave my craft room a good cleaning and organizing a month ago. But i never quite finished because i wanted to get back to creating things instead of cleaning things. Creating things like the table runner i mentioned in my last post. Now normally when i upload my photos i spend time cropping. Cropping out my messy life, but tonight you can see a little bit of it. You can also see my daily uniform of skirt and flip flops!



The table runner has been basted and a few of the squares have been quilted. I decided to outline quilt each triangle and a square swirl (is that such a thing) on the squares. Anyways if you click the picture you'll have a better idea of what i'm talking about. I really love all of the fabrics from this charm pack although i wish there was a bigger variety of small, medium and large prints, i feel like there is not a lot of print contrast in the runner, although i definitely love the colors. I have a lot of little triangle scraps left over and i think they are going to be a matching pot holder. The last picture is of my favorite square in this project and the quilting.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Hedgehog said...

Great fabrics!!

2:09 AM  
Blogger s65 said...

That's gorgeous. Pam will love it, and I love the pot holder idea, haha.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Lauri said...

Oh I know...all those sewers, knitters, crafters...who have the cutest houses, and the perfect place to photograph all of their things...makes me very jealous, too!

Table runner is looking good!

6:26 PM  
Blogger blondebabypeaches said...

I can relate - I spend a lot of time cropping as well. Your work is great!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home