Superstitchious

For handmade items of fantastic, check out The Superstitchious Store!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Cutting and Pasting, not just for kindergarten

So i've never really thought of myself as an artist, a sewer yes, a quilter yes, crocheter, knitter, gluer and the list goes on. I've really been inspired by the little Artist Trading Card's i've seen on craftster and i decided that i would try and get in on the fun. I got a little nervous at first because i cant paint and i cant draw, which are two very important area's of art. I decided to join the fun anyways and that my medium would be cut and paste. Here are two that i just did for an ATC swap on craftster. The "I is for Ice cream" is going to a girl who is trying to complete her atc alphabet! "Polka dot" is going to a polka dot lover i'm sure. I'm going to be sad to see them go. I had a lot of fun making these. I'm thinking about doing some larger scale cut and paste artwork in the future. It reminds me of elementary school art class, and its so much fun!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger s65 said...

Ach! The ice cream one is beyond adorable.

1:34 AM  
Blogger MamaMin said...

Very cute - good job with those scissors & paste! :)

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home