Superstitchious

For handmade items of fantastic, check out The Superstitchious Store!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Christmas in September



I know its too early to be thinking about christmas, but i cant help myself, i LOVE christmas. Its not even close to halloween yet and i already joined an ornament swap on craftster. These three little trees are for my swap partners. I had so many ideas flying around my head for all of the different ornaments i wanted to make, but i finally settled on these. I really like them and think that a taller version would look great on a mantle. These little guys are about 4 - 5 inches tall. They each have two buttons sewn to the top instead of the traditional star and a little loop for hanging. I'm going to be sad to see these guys go, i used up the last of my scraps of my favorite christmas fabric. I used that fabric last year for my grandmothers christmas quilt. Its really strange how attached i get to fabrics, there are some that i just cant cut up because i love them too much. I'm afraid i'm not going to use them in the right project, or that i will find something better to do with them. I have a little fabric museum in my sewing room! Stacks of pretty fabric all waiting for a project.

One of my new little stacks of fabrics is this great charm pack i bought at honeybee quilt store in austin. Its 45 5inch squares and i'm going to make a table runner for my mom's best friend, Pam. The fabrics are so gorgeous in person, a lot of orange, brown, blue and cream. I think that this table runner would be great for fall and thanksgiving, but Pam's dining room features alot of oranges and browns so i think she'll be able to use this throughout the year. I should have this done soon, so i'll be sure to show y'all how it turns out!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger s65 said...

Those are so cute! You should totally make some for Mom and Dad's house.

That fabric is adorable too, it looks like it's really Pam's style.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Lauri said...

I love those little trees-they are adorable! Can't wait to see how that runner turns out.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home