Superstitchious

For handmade items of fantastic, check out The Superstitchious Store!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Christmas in September



I know its too early to be thinking about christmas, but i cant help myself, i LOVE christmas. Its not even close to halloween yet and i already joined an ornament swap on craftster. These three little trees are for my swap partners. I had so many ideas flying around my head for all of the different ornaments i wanted to make, but i finally settled on these. I really like them and think that a taller version would look great on a mantle. These little guys are about 4 - 5 inches tall. They each have two buttons sewn to the top instead of the traditional star and a little loop for hanging. I'm going to be sad to see these guys go, i used up the last of my scraps of my favorite christmas fabric. I used that fabric last year for my grandmothers christmas quilt. Its really strange how attached i get to fabrics, there are some that i just cant cut up because i love them too much. I'm afraid i'm not going to use them in the right project, or that i will find something better to do with them. I have a little fabric museum in my sewing room! Stacks of pretty fabric all waiting for a project.

One of my new little stacks of fabrics is this great charm pack i bought at honeybee quilt store in austin. Its 45 5inch squares and i'm going to make a table runner for my mom's best friend, Pam. The fabrics are so gorgeous in person, a lot of orange, brown, blue and cream. I think that this table runner would be great for fall and thanksgiving, but Pam's dining room features alot of oranges and browns so i think she'll be able to use this throughout the year. I should have this done soon, so i'll be sure to show y'all how it turns out!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarafina Sixty Five said...

Those are so cute! You should totally make some for Mom and Dad's house.

That fabric is adorable too, it looks like it's really Pam's style.

4:42 PM  
Blogger LoriLaurieLauri said...

I love those little trees-they are adorable! Can't wait to see how that runner turns out.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home