Superstitchious

For handmade items of fantastic, check out The Superstitchious Store!

Monday, August 28, 2006

Think Pink.....and a little green!

I moved into my rental house in April. The first things i moved in and set up were my sewing and craft supplies, but i never got around to decorating. I've had such a busy summer that i just recently got around to unpacking all of my cute little things. This is one of my little display shelves. I tried to use bright and colorful things since i cant paint the walls. The fun little green storage container, green and pink kitty painting, and pink heart box came from a pink swap i did on craftster. The blue ceramic dress and the beaded ivory dress form were birthday presents from my sister. I made the hot pink doily and my latest project, the paisley journal. After my last post about the first two journals i made, i've been working on perfecting my journal making process. I'm so happy with how this paisley journal turned out that its going to be the first one i list in my etsy shop.



Speaking of pink and green, I went to visit my sister this weekend and to help her settle into her dorm. She shares my addiction with new bedding so, of course, we went shopping. She already had a few pink and minty green accents so thats what we went looking for, i think we found it!

We found the green striped pillow and went from there. The green curtain is made from a nautica flat sheet that was on clearance. You could never get enough fabric by the yard for the price of that sheet!



Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger s65 said...

The bed looks so cute all made up that I actually wake up early so I can make it before class!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Lauri said...

Love that journal! I have some of that same fabric, and it is beautiful.

And if my daughter could have your sister's pink and green bedroom, she'd be in heaven! We just redid her's last summer in pink and zebra stripes. Now she wants pink and lime green. I have no problem adding some lime green accents, but I'm NOT redoing everything! lol!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home