Superstitchious

For handmade items of fantastic, check out The Superstitchious Store!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A calendar quilt



This is my latest work in progress, a calendar quilt, one block for every month. This is the december block, i'm not doing them in any particular order, just whatever fabrics i have on hand that will work with the pattern. I found the patterns for these blocks through a craft-a-long on craftster. I dont think that the quilt will be very practical because of all the stitching on the top makes it a little stiff and rough, but i think its going to look great, very rustic and folk art with the rough edge applique and the blanket stitch. The christmas lights and the rope the dog has in its mouth were embroidered on. Everything else was machine appliqued.




Here is my July block, i haven't decided if i'm done with it yet. I think the dog needs a collar, and the house may get a mail box. I'll be posting more of these throughout the week as i make them!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Hedgehog said...

These little blocks are so cute! I vote for a collar!

9:51 PM  
Blogger s65 said...

I think the dog needs tiny shoes, a rain coat, and a swarovski-crystalled collar.

1:17 PM  
Blogger s65 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Lauri said...

I can't see the one for July, but the December one is adorable!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home