Superstitchious

For handmade items of fantastic, check out The Superstitchious Store!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Box full of cute!


I love sending people fun things in the mail. I love it when i get surprises so why not make those surprises happen for everyone else? This is for Jane in Australia, so this package has a ways to go. Jane if you're seeing this, the bottom picture will ruin half of the surprise......

I also really like wrapping presents, when it comes to the holidays I am always in charge of wrapping everyone's presents. If there was a career to be made in present wrapping I would be doing it. I found the orange and red wrapping paper at oldnavy on sale for 2 dollars. I love that its bright and fun.







Here is what is inside the little box. 4 life size (or close to it) fortune cookies. These little guys are made from felt and were inspired by the recipients wist list. I couldn't come up with a good way to have the fortune removable so on one of them i sewed a little tab of white to look like a fortune sticking out. If anyone has any ideas for the future about how to get the fortune to be able to come out and then go back in, please let me know! Also, if anyone is interested in how they are made let me know, they're super simple and i might right up a little mini tutorial for them!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauri said...

Oh my gosh, those are soo cute! So how do you make them? Is it something like an oval shape that you fold in half, then bend back?
Sorry...no help here about the fortunes. lol!

And good thing we got together yesterday and not today...today I have no voice!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home